There are foot conditions that require simple medical treatment. Podiatrists may advise you to use orthotics to treat some of these conditions. Orthotics are footwear that is designed to treat various foot conditions. Aloha Foot and Ankle Associates is a Mission Viejo orthotics facility that provides orthotics specialists.
The medical facility has a professional podiatrist that will provide you with the best foot care treatment and the right orthotics to treat your foot conditions. It is essential to understand orthotics and the science behind their treatment capabilities.
How Orthotics works
- Design- The orthotics have different designs. People will have foot problems at different parts of the foot. Orthotics are designed to help change the location and magnitude of the force that acts on the foot. The design, therefore, helps injured parts to recover.
- Neurofeedback- Wearing orthotics will help send neurological messages to the brain to correct movement of the foot. This neurofeedback will help improve the correct movement of the foot, thus reducing injuries.
- Ground reaction force- Wearing orthotics will reduce the reaction force produced when you step directly on the ground. The foot can step correctly, reducing the chances of injuries.
Conditions Treated by Orthotics
- Injuries- Podiatrists recommend orthotics for most people who have injuries on their legs or feet. Slight movements or turns of the feet cause severe pain to an injured person. Orthotics provide extra support to a person’s feet, reducing the chance of trauma on the affected area. The orthotics play a huge role in speeding up the healing process.
- Neuroma- Neuroma is a very painful condition. A neuroma is a growth of nerve tissue between the third and the fourth toes. A podiatrist will prescribe orthotics which will help to reduce the pain. The orthotics will reduce the pain by absorbing the pressure from the painful nerve.
- Bunion- A bunion is a painful bump that grows at the foot’s big toe. Using orthotics will help reduce the pain experienced by a person with a bunion. The orthotics will reduce the pressure applied on the feet, thus reducing the pain.
- High arches- High arches are a condition in which the heels are tilted toward the body’s center. High arches result in unstable ankles, which may cause ankle sprains. High arches cause individuals to apply a lot of pressure on their heels which causes a lot of heel pain. Orthotics provide support and distribution of pressure to reduce the instability and pain of the feet.
- Plantar fasciitis- Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of a thick tissue that extends across the bottom of the foot from the heel bone to the toes. Plantar fasciitis causes a lot of pain when you walk. Using orthotics will help reduce the pain.
Consult an Orthotics Specialist Today
Orthotics are essential in treating different medical conditions affecting your feet. Book a consultation with the podiatrist at Aloha Foot and Ankle Associates to get a pair of orthotics suitable for you.