Did you get into an accident involving an 18 wheeler truck? Did the truck driver cause your accident? Are the injuries too much for you to handle by yourself? If so, you need to find a reputable 18 wheeler accident lawyer near me to represent you.
A truck accident is an awful experience, and the injuries that can result from accidents involving large commercial vehicles can be catastrophic. In many cases, these accidents are avoidable, but when they happen, there are things that you need to know so that you receive the compensation you deserve. Read on to learn the key things you need to know to win an 18-wheeler accident lawsuit that our attorneys have put together for you.
1. What Is an 18 Wheeler Truck Accident?
” truck accident” refers to any crash involving a truck and another vehicle. These accidents can have different causes. Many involve negligence on the car driver’s part, while others are caused by mechanical failure or other issues in the truck. Because large commercial trucks weigh much more than ordinary cars, their crashes can be especially devastating to people inside smaller vehicles.
When crashes involve semi-truck trailers, 18 wheelers, or any other type of commercial vehicle, victims and their families need to understand all of their legal rights. An 18 wheeler accident lawyer near me can help injured people get the medical care they need and hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
2. What Causes 18 Wheeler Accidents?
Federal statistics indicate the majority of crashes involving track trailers include:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Following too closely
- Driver fatigue/drowsiness
- Inadequate training of drivers
3. Why Are Trucks Dangerous?
Here are four specific reasons why 18-wheelers are so dangerous:
- They Take Up More Space on the road. An 18-wheeler needs more space than a typical car to make turns. Their turning radius is much wider, which means they have to take up more space when they’re turning. It can often lead to accidents when cars try to pass them on the highway and end up hitting them because there’s not enough room.
- Their Brakes Are Vastly Under-Appreciated. Many people don’t stop and think about the sheer size and weight of an 18 wheeler when they’re driving behind one or trying to pass one on the highway. It takes a much longer distance for these trucks to come to a complete stop than your average car, so you have to be even more careful around them.
- They Have Fewer Lanes Available For Them Since an 18 wheeler is so large and they often have fewer lanes than cars. It means that if they need to move over to the side of the road for some reason, there’s less room for them to do so without causing problems.
- They Can Be Impossible To Maneuver When an 18 wheeler is transporting cargo, it can be difficult to maneuver. The truck is often very long, and it can be hard to turn the wheels without running into things or people. It becomes even more of a problem when the truck tries to make a U-turn, often taking up two whole lanes. More information visit this site: mynewsport
4. How Common Are Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents are unfortunately quite common. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that in 2019, there were more than 5,005 fatalities and nearly 160,000 injuries in crashes involving large trucks. In that same year, there were over 118,000 crashes involving large trucks. Visit this site for more information: rtsnet
5. What Evidence Should You Collect After the 18-wheeler Accident?
Police will often arrive at the scene of a truck accident soon after it happens. It is important to cooperate fully with law enforcement and answer their questions honestly. However, you should also gather evidence for your own case. This evidence can include:
- Photos of the accident scene
- Videos of the accident scene
- Witness contact information
- Statements from witnesses
- Documentation of your injuries
6. How Can My Attorney Prove Negligence?
To win a negligence case against a trucking company, the injured party must prove that the driver had a duty of care towards them and failed to fulfill it. It means proving four things:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a legal duty
- The defendant breached this duty
- This breach caused injuries to the plaintiff
- Injuries occurred to all legally recognized categories of damages
7. How Do the 18-Wheeler Accident Experts Calculate Damages?
Victims may be entitled to compensation for their general damages when an accident has been caused by a commercial truck driver’s irresponsible behavior. These can include lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. Victims have a right to claim special damages in addition to general ones. If they have experienced a significant amount of physical or mental trauma, they may consider hiring a clinical psychologist to help them make this claim. Click here and show more information: newstheater
8. How Can a Lawyer Help Me When I Get Involved in an 18 Wheeler Accident?
Truck accident lawyers can hold negligent companies accountable for the damage they have caused and get victims the justice they deserve. In many cases, trucking companies fight hard to avoid taking responsibility for their drivers’ actions. The right attorney will be able to look out for your best interests throughout this process and ensure you receive all of the compensation you deserve.
9. How Do I Find the Best 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer?
When choosing a personal injury lawyer, it is important to work with someone with extensive experience in personal injury law and truck accidents specifically. Lawyers who have been certified by their state as specialists in these areas are often better equipped to handle these complex cases. You can also ask friends, family members, and other professionals for referrals.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is important to seek legal representation from an 18 wheeler accident lawyer near me as soon as possible. The best lawyers will work on a contingency basis, meaning they will not charge you any fees until they have successfully recovered damages on your behalf. They also know what it takes to win these cases and will fight tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. For more information visit this site: coschedules