Facing Netgear Orbi connectivity issues? If the answer to the question is yes, then we suggest you reset Netgear Orbi. Yes, resetting your Orbi device will restore it to its factory default settings. But, you can’t deny the fact that it is a proven way to get rid of connectivity issues. So, I guess it is worth giving a try.
Explained in this article are the two methods to reset your Orbi device. The first method requires you to press the Reset button whereas the second one requires you to access the orbilogin.com page. To restore your WiFi device to its default mode, follow the instructions mentioned below:
Reset Netgear Orbi by Pressing the Reset Button
Walk through the instructions below and learn how to reset Netgear Orbi by pressing the button:
- First of all, make sure that your router is properly plugged into the wall socket.
- Then, check whether it is also connected to the modem. In case there are any loose cable connections, tighten them up.
- Once done, use a paper clip, oil pin, toothpick, or any other sharp object to insert it into the Reset hole located on your Orbi device.
- Hold the Reset button for a couple of seconds and wait until the LED light flashes green.
Note: If you want to reset Netgear Orbi satellite, you can follow the same instructions.
Reset Netgear Orbi by Accessing Orbilogin.net
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to restore your Netgear Orbi device to its factory default settings by accessing orbilogin.net:
- Use a cable and create a connection between your Netgear Orbi router and modem.
- Then, launch a web browser of your choice on your PC.
- Access the orbilogin administrative page and fill in the default admin details.
- Once you click on the Log In button, you’ll be taken to the Netgear Orbi setup wizard.
- Go to Advanced > Administration > Erase > Restore to Factory Default Settings.
After performing Orbi factory reset, you need to set it up from scratch, considering it has gone to its ‘default’ mode. But, before you do that, check whether the connectivity issues have been resolved. If yes, then what are you waiting for? Pat yourself on the back! You did a good job!
How to Perform Netgear Orbi Setup After the Reset Process?
To reinstall your Netgear Orbi device, here are the step-by-step guidelines that you should follow:
- Connect your Orbi router to the power adapter with a cable.
- Then, plug the power adapter into the wall outlet and turn on your device.
- The LED light will become green within a couple of seconds.
- Place your Netgear Orbi satellite near the Orbi router and connect them.
- Press the Sync button on both devices so that they can get connected.
- Once the syncing process is over, pull up an internet browser on your laptop.
- Type orbilogin.net in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- You will be asked to fill in the default username and password.
- Thus, type the default admin credentials of your Orbi router in the given boxes.
- Hit Log In and go to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard.
- Now, follow th eon-screen prompts to finish setting up your Netgear Orbi router.
Note: You can also set up your Netgear Orbi device by downloading the Netgear Orbi app.
In this manner, you can perform Netgear Orbi reset from scratch. In case you get stuck at any point while trying to set up and install your WiFi device, know that you can reach out to our highly experienced technical experts at any hour of the day.