Opt For Student Visa Subclass 500 To Start Your Study In Australia

If you choose Australia as your preferred study destination, you will be glad to hear that you have made one of the greatest decisions in your life. In Australia, you will get the chance to experience one of the best education systems in the world. Only you need to have an Australian Student Visa Subclass 500.

What Is Student Visa 500?

This Student Visa 500 will allow you to live and pursue a full-time study course in Australia for a maximum of 5 years. With this visa, you attend an eligible study course, can bring your beloved family members like a partner and dependent child, and work for a maximum of 40 hours every fortnight after the beginning of your course. You can apply either from inside or outside Australia.

What Are The Eligibility Requirements?

The general Student Visa 500 requirements are as follows.

⦁ Your age must be equal to or more than 6 years.
⦁ Once you get accepted into the university, the university will send you a Confirmation of Enrolment or CoE. You should show this document while applying.
⦁ The course should be registered on CRICOS.
⦁ You have to provide evidence for your English language skills. You may take any internationally recognized test like TOEFL iBT or IELTS, or PTE. If worried you can get TOEFl, IELTS, or PTE coaching Parramatta to help you brush up on your skills and learn a bit more about the tests. IELTS is the most popular test, and you have to check which band score you need to get for your visa and your university. Whatever test you take, the result will remain valid for 2 years.
⦁ Overseas Student Health Cover or OSHC is the mandatory health cover for international students. You and your family members have to apply for this coverage. You have to have this health cover during the entire period of your stay in Australia. And if you feel confused over which provider you should choose, you may take help from MAP, who can contact a registered migration agent in Perth.
⦁ If your age is less than 18 years, you need to have suitable welfare arrangements for your stay in Australia.
⦁ You need to have adequate funds to support your living costs.
⦁ And, finally, you have to satisfy character and health requirements.

What Is The Application Procedure?

If you are outside Australia at the time of your application, you should start with the application at least 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your course. Even if you are inside Australia, you should also have plenty of time in your hand before the current visa gets expired as any visa application procedure involves so many complexities. Before you apply, you should go through the Student Visa 500 checklist on the Document Checklist Tool on the government website. It will give you the idea which documents you will need.

What Is The Application Cost For The Visa 500?

For the principal applicant, the application cost starts from AUD 620. Additional charges will be required for each member included in the application.

Which Family Members Can You Include In The Application?

You can include your spouse or de facto partner in your application. In addition, you may include your or your partner’s child who hasn’t reached the age mark of 18 years and is dependent on you.

What Are The Working Rights You Can Get From This Visa?

With the Visa Subclass 500, you can work for a maximum of 20 hours in a week or 40 hours per two weeks. Once the course starts, you can begin your part-time work accordingly. But, if you enroll in any Australian Capital Territory school, you will be allowed to work only for 10 hours a week during your course.

What Is The Student Visa 500 Processing Time?

The processing time for this visa will vary depending on the education sector you will be applying. In general, the processing time for this visa is as follows.
⦁ If you enroll in the higher education sector, 75% of the applications will get processed in 29 days, while 90% will take about 42 days.
⦁ If you enroll in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, 75% of the applications will get processed in 43 days, while 90% will take about 77 days.

What Should You Do To Extend Your Visa?

If you want to continue studying in Australia after your Student Visa 500 gets expired, you have to apply for another student visa. The current visa will not be extended in a word, and you have to get a completely new visa.

What Can You Do In Case Of A Change In The Situation?

In this case, the first and foremost thing you should do is to inform the Department of Home Affairs about the change. Something that you may have to tell them to include:

⦁ Phone number change, changes in residential address, email id or passport
⦁ Changes in the relationship status
⦁ Changes in the welfare arrangements
⦁ Childbirth

What To Do If You Have To Change Your Course?

Here also, you should inform the Department of Home Affairs before you do anything. They may guide you about the next steps that you have to follow. You can also contact the MAP for any guidance. After completed your education you can apply for Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 if you want to live in Australia for further studies.

How Can You Find Out The Visa Outcome?

You will get a notification about the visa application in written form. Once you complete your visa application, you will get a few necessary information from the Department. These include visa grant number, visa expiry date, and the conditions and obligations associated with the visa.
Whenever you are in Australia, you should keep a visa grant copy. Even if the visa application gets refused, the Department will inform it in written form stating the proper reason and whether you have any right to appeal for a review. However, you will not get any refund of the application fee.

Final Thoughts

Hope this information will help you a lot. Still, if you need specific information or help, you may contact Migration Agent Perth anytime.


Shanto is a professional blogger. He love to write about all latest topics. He is working as an seo expert from last 8 years.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button