There are several NDIS meal providers in the market. With so many available options, how do you know which one is right for you? Well, it’s not an easy task to find an ideal meal provider. But it can become one if you simply include some key tips in your selection process.
Following is the list of a few such tips that you must follow in order to choose a reliable and quality NDIS meal provider:
What’s Inside Their NDIS Meals
Above everything else, you need healthy and delicious NDIS meals delivered to your home. That’s why the first thing you need to do is check the ingredient list of meals the provider is offering.
Make sure any of the meals do not contain any of the following:
- Added artificial sweeteners and sugars – it might satisfy your taste buds, but it’ll adversely harm your body. It might also cause issues like unwanted fat gain, constipation, etc.
- Preservatives – they are used to make your food preserved for a long time. But in most cases, the food is to be delivered and eaten fresh, so there’s no need for preservatives to be added to your meal.
- Crappy oil – make sure your meal provider does not use crappy oils like vegetables, canola, sunflower, etc., to cook the food. Instead, ask them to use olive oil or coconut oil.
- In case you are lactose or coeliac intolerant, make sure the ingredient list does not contain such elements.
The biggest issue with today’s society is that we are being marketed by “Healthy and hygienic products” that aren’t as healthy as advertised. That’s why it’s important to make sure the quality of food yourself – by checking the ingredient list does not contain any unhealthy stuff. It will ensure the meal you’ll eat is actually healthy.
Control And Choice Over Your Meals
Poet William Cowper had correctly said that – “variety is the spice of life”. And just because you are disabled does not mean you don’t have any right to choose what to eat when. No one has the right to make you eat boiled food when you want something tasty and more delicious – unless eating nutritious, boiled and less tasty food is the only option to live a fit and healthy life. That’s why make sure your NDIS meal plan delivery service offers all these:
- A menu containing a wide variety of delicious meals so that you don’t get bored of eating the same regular food.
- They must keep on improving and adding new meals and dishes to their menu on a frequent basis.
- Meal options must be rotated regularly.
- The decision about which meal to choose in your plan should be completely in your hands. There’s no meaning in paying for something you don’t even like eating.
Remember – while healthy food should be your priority, you should also consider “taste” as an important factor. You must enjoy what you are eating, and that’s why it’s important to ensure the above points.
What Types Of Delivery Methods Do They Follow?
You are here, reading this blog, because you are looking for a usable and convenient option for food delivery. That’s why it’s important to consider the following key points:
How Will The Meal Arrive At Your Doorstep?
Are the meals pre-cooked, so all you need to do is reheat them and eat? Or are they freshly delivered? Go to your seller’s website and check this point. Make sure to give priority to those vendors who offer both – reheated food and freshly cooked. Because there are days when you don’t have time to eat the meal fresh. In such cases, reheated food can help you a lot.
How Much Time Do They Take To Deliver The Food?
It’s one of the most important things to check – the time they take to deliver your food. Remember – it’s not dominos where you’ll receive your pizza within 30 minutes. Your food will be freshly cooked, carefully packed and then delivered to your doorstep. All of it requires time. And how much is required will be learned from the seller’s website. Go and search for this information. Give priority to those NDIS meal delivery services that offer customisable delivery time. It’s the best way to ensure you get your food whenever you want.
We hope these tips help you choose a reliable and good NDIS meal provider with whom you can consider a long-term relationship. Also, if you know someone with an NDIS meal plan looking for a food delivery service – share this blog with them.