What Is Fiber?
Fiber is a plant-based complex carbohydrate that human body is unable to digest. This inability to digest them is what makes them so remarkable.
Types of Fibers
Dietary fiber can be divided into two broad categories. Soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Soluble fiber is known as such because it dissolves in water and forms a gel like consistency in the gastrointestinal tract. This gel slows down digestion and is therefore known to relieve constipation. It also makes you feel full and so prevents overeating. It is also known to reduce blood cholesterol and is amazing for blood sugar control.
- Insoluble fiber is unable to dissolve in water. It speeds up the movement of food down the gut. These fibers work wonders for the bowel helping in constipation and diarrhoea.
Foods Rich in Fiber
Plant-based foods are rich in fiber. These include whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts, fruits, and vegetables. Foods rich in soluble fiber include:
- Whole grains, like oats, rye, barley.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Lentils and beans.
- Fruits like apple, strawberries, blueberries, and pears.
Foods rich in insoluble fiber include:
- Most whole grains like brown rice, couscous, wheat bran.
- Whole grain cereals
- Vegetables like zucchini, celery, and carrots
Benefits of a Fiber Rich Diet
Below are some of the most valuable benefits of including bulk in your diet:
- HELPS IN MAINTAINING WEIGHT: fiber rich foods contains very few calories and at the same time keeps us satiated for a longer time. This prevents us from overeating and keeps away the extra kilos.
- BEST FOR THE BOWELS: fiber is popular for normalising bowel function. This benefit of fiber is owed to being indigestible. Fiber softens our stools and add bulk considerably reducing chronic constipation. It is also known to help in diarrhoea by solidifying liquid stools.
- PREVENTS COLON CANCER: fiber rich diet helps in decreasing the lifetime risk of developing colorectal cancer. Moreover, the chances of developing haemorrhoids (piles) are also significantly lowered.
- REGULATING BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS: This does this by, firstly, fiber in the gut does not cause insulin secretion. Secondly, as fiber rich foods are not digestible, they cause less spike in the blood sugar levels. Thirdly, consumption of soluble fiber has been associated with a reduced risk of developing abdominal obesity which is associated with type 2 DM.
- REDUCING BAD CHOLESTEROL AND RAISING THE GOOD ONE: fiber is known to decrease LDL and raise HDL. To add on, fiber also helps flush harmful toxins from the body which promotes a healthy body.
Fiber and Erectile function
A healthy diet is the most effective and cheap way of fighting diseases and improving quality of one’s life. One such disease is erectile dysfunction. ED is when the penis is unable to maintain erection long enough for intercourse to take place. A diet rich in fiber can help with many bodily functions like regulating blood sugars, promoting a healthy bowel, reducing cholesterol, being good on the heart and much more. All these eventually help in improving erectile dysfunction.
ED is most treated by oral pills. These pills are sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, and avanafil, priligy, sildenafil 150 mg the most popular drug for ED is the non-generic form of sildenafil. These drugs are PDE-5 inhibitors and help to sustain erection for decent periods. You can buy these drugs online with a prescription in Australia. Click here: Oz meds online to get your hands on the best deals now!
Take Home Message
A high fiber diet is not only delicious but also light on the pocket and comes with a ton loads of health benefits! So, what is stopping you now from a fiber rich grocery haul?
More Information Visit Here: shamsah amersi, md, 2825 santa monica blvd suite 320, santa monica, ca 90404