Have you tried hard to change the SSID (network name) of your Netgear Nighthawk extender but nothing worked? Is your Netgear Nighthawk extender flashing red light continuously? If your answer to these questions is yes, then you need not to worry anymore because we’ve come up with this post that will help you resolve the issue in the blink of an eye. Keep reading!
Before we proceed with the troubleshooting tips to fix the issue, let’s us first make you familiar with the reasons why you are unable to change the SSID of Netgear Nighthawk extender. Keep scrolling down!
- Weak or poor WiFi signals.
- Improper Netgear Nighthawk setup
- Incorrect Netgear extender login details
- WiFi signal interference
- Wrong placement of your Netgear Nighthawk extender
Now that you have come to know the common yet major reasons causing the issue, so let’s take the plunge to fix it.
Click Here More Information: Best Plagiarism Remover Tool
Fix: Unable to Change the SSID of Netgear Nighthawk Extender
Have an Internet Connection
In order to change the SSID of Netgear Nighthawk extender, you have to make sure that you have an active and blazing-fast internet connection.
Contact Your ISP
For a blazing-fast internet connection, you need to contact your ISP. Have a word with them regarding your internet connection. Simply ask them to upgrade your device and data plan. Apart from that, ensure that all the pending bills are clear.
Relocate Your Netgear Nighthawk Extender
Another way to troubleshoot the issue is to keep your Netgear Nighthawk extender at the center location of your home. Do not keep your Netgear Nighthawk extender away from your router. It is strictly recommended – do not place your extender inside a cabinet.
Doing so will also let you complete Netgear WiFi extender setup process without any hassle.Once you have applied the troubleshooting tips listed above, have a quick glance at the steps to change the SSID of Netgear Nighthawk extender.
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or laptop.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- Thereafter, enter your extender’s username and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Netgear extender’s status page will display.
- Click on Settings and select the Wireless option.
- The Wireless page will be displayed.
- Enter your extender new SSID in the Network Name field.
- We also suggest you change the extender’s password by entering a new password in the WiFi password field.
- Click on Save to apply the changes.
Cheers! You have successfully changed the Netgear Nighthawk extender’s SSID.
Bonus Tip:You can also change the SSID of your WiFi range extender using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
If you are still unable to change the SSID of your Netgear Nighthawk extender, then we suggest you power cycle it once. To power cycle your Netgear Nighthawk extender, follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, disconnect your Netgear Nighthawk extender from your router, PC, laptop, and smartphone.
- Thereafter, unplug your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug in your Netgear Nighthawk extender back again.
- Connect to your router and PC or laptop to your extender’s SSID.
- Wait for the Netgear Nighthawk extender’s LED to become stable.
- Now, apply the above-mentioned process again to change the SSID of Netgear Nighthawk extender.
Once you change the SSID of your Nighthawk extender successfully, we suggest you configure it using the on-screen setup instructions given on Netgear Genie setup page.
In case you get stuck at any step given in this post, without any delay, get in touch with our competent technical experts immediately. We are 24×7 available to assist you.