How Do I Reboot or Restart My Netgear WiFi Router?
Is your Netgear WiFi router not working as it should? Do you often get bugged because of a buffering video, are you unable to download files, or aren’t your web pages loading? If the answer to all these questions is a YES, then the good news is that this issue can be fixed. Wondering how? Well, a simple restart is enough.
When I say ‘restart’, don’t make the mistake of assuming it as a synonym for ‘reset’. There’s a major difference between both these terms. Resetting your router will restore it to its factory default settings. It will erase both the volatile and non-volatile memory of your device. On the other hand, rebooting your device means turning it off and restarting it after a couple of minutes.
Is the difference between the two terms a little clear? Good. Now, you can proceed further and learn how to reboot your Netgear router in order to fix the issues that it’s causing.
Methods to Reboot Your Netgear WiFi Router
There are two methods that’ll help you in restarting your WiFi device. They are as follows:
- By unplugging the Netgear router
- By accessing www://routerlogin.net
Once you are done reading this article, you are free to use any one of these methods to reboot your Netgear WiFi router.
Steps to Reboot Your Netgear Router by Unplugging It
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to reboot your Netgear router by simply unplugging it:
Disconnect all the extra devices connected to your Netgear router.
- Power off your WiFi device.
- Unplug the power adapter from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds to give your router some rest.
- Then, grab a cable and connect your router to the power adapter.
- Now, plug the power adapter into the socket and press the Power button on the router.
Hopefully, this method will be able to help you out in rebooting your home router. On the off chance if it doesn’t, you are free to take the assistance of the second method. Or even better, you can reach out to me through the comments section below.
Steps to Reboot Your Router by Accessing www://routerlogin.net
This method is a little tricky as compared to the first one. It requires you to perform Netgear router login. Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to restart your device by accessing routerlogin.net:
- Power on your Netgear router after plugging it into a wall socket.
- Connect the router to the modem wirelessly.
- You can also use an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your devices.
- Switch on your computer and open up a web browser on it.
- You are free to use any web browser that you want as long as it’s updated.
- Visit www.routerlogin.net.
- You will be prompted to log into your Netgear router.
- To log into your router, fill in the default username and password.
- Click on the Log In button. The www.routerlogin.net setup page will appear.
- Go to Settings > Router Information > Reboot.
- Wait for about 2 minutes for your Netgear router to complete the reboot process.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you’ll surely be able to reboot your Netgear WiFi router by accessing the routerlogin.net web page.
Thus, this was all about how to reboot your Netgear WiFi router to get rid of the issues that your device is causing. I hope that I was able to guide you through the reboot process properly. If you feel like leaving a word of appreciation, don’t hesitate to drop it in the comments section below.