When you use QuickBooks, you may find it pretty amazing since it does most of the tasks for your business. From bookkeeping, accounting, financing to reporting and preparing tax, there are ample things to do. But with its great advantages and benefits, you may also get caught up with some errors.
QuickBooks error 6177 0 is the most common sort of error that user faces especially when accessing or creating a new company file in the software. The error gets saved in the company file and folder and the path of these company files gets saved with the software. When you try and access the company file, the desktop QuickBooks services try to locate the file and open it for you.
However, in some cases where the company file has been moved to a different folder, it becomes impossible to access it. And that is exactly when you get the error message that states “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks is unable to open your company file Error Codes i.e. (-6177, 0).” This error message may restrict you from accessing the company file and you might need it urgently. If that is the case, this guide is for you.
What is the QuickBooks Company File Error 6177 0?
There are not one but numerous company file errors that a user faces in QuickBooks and each error has been related to the company file. It indicates a specific issue related to the application or a setup made in the company file. Each error message and the code that pops on your screen showcases a sort of error, here 6177 0, dictates company file cannot be accessible at the moment.
Why are you unable to access the company file?
- There are higher possibilities that you are using an older version of the QuickBooks desktop application, which is restricting you to access your company file. In this case, you have to download and update the newer desktop version.
- The corrupt company file is resulting in a triggering error, and as you access the company file it will display the issue until the corrupted file has been sorted.
- There is a severely damaged network data file, which is creating chaos for QuickBooks to connect with the company file.
- If the company file folder is unable to set the data, or even share it for that matter to other devices connected to the network, then the error may pop out.
- A damaged QB company files folder is also one reason for QuickBooks to not access the file.
Solutions to getting rid of the Error
- Move company file to local hard drive
- If you can access the server, copy your company file to the external storage device and then move it to the local storage of the workstation, specifically which is experiencing the error
- If you are unable to access the server, you can open your QuickBooks and press the F2 key further getting your product information.
- Take some notes of the company file path that is shown under your file information
- Look for the company file .qbw extension, paste the same in your QuickBooks folder, you will spot it in C drive
- Now, you can create a portable QuickBooks file, save it to the local drive easily
- Further, restore your portable file from your local drive back to the server
Read more about: “What is QuickBooks Technical Support Number”
Delete QuickBooks’s (.ND) File
The network data files need to be deleted, one that stores information of company files in association with your QuickBooks Desktop. If the files get damaged QuickBooks cannot locate your company file. For troubleshooting, you need to remove the file of network data from the QuickBooks services installation directory, this will enforce QuickBooks to generate a new one.
- Go to the folder of QuickBooks in the Window file explorer
- Look for a file that has the same name mentioned in your company file and it has to end with .nd extension
- Right-click on the file, select the delete option
Resolve the Error Manually
- Go to the system in your computer that is responsible to store your company file and close your QuickBooks for now
- Now, you can open the company file folder, locate the file that has the.ND extension to it, delete the same
- With that, Configure your QuickBooks database manager, in that go to the Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Furthermore, if you are unable to find the database manager, download and install your QuickBooks Tool hub to get it on your system.
- Hit the ‘Add Folder’ option and then locate the same on the company file, click on OK, now you can click the ‘Scan’ button and then close the completion.
- Check your company file permission, ‘Set up folder permissions, and then check if the setup has occurred correctly.
- Now, you can open the file again on your computer where the error has occurred and it will help you understand whether you have gotten rid of it.
Move Files to a New Folder
Create a new folder placed on the system where you can easily make access of it
Now, you can copy all the files in it to the QuickBooks folder and then paste them into the newly created folder
Furthermore, when you are operating your QuickBooks on the server, you try and open it, access the company files from your new folder location
If you are unable to get rid of the error by any of the steps mentioned above, you can contact +1 267-857-9587or reach on the online site of the CPA DESK for getting solutions. You will get great tips and advices on the same so you can peacefully use your software for other purposes.
Facing errors is merely a part of using the software and the best part is, Intuit provides you great ways to resolve them. All errors in QuickBooks are fixable, you can seek help from the support team who are ready to help you 24×7.