Hip pain is a constant battle to sit or walk and stand properly. It makes every simple task difficult for people, and if not treated on time, it can further aggravate the issue. You should consult medical facilitators for better treatment or surgery if the pain is severe.
However, it is seen that hip pain can be solved with simple lifestyle changes and improving your habits. If you have hip pain symptoms, you can visit medical centers in Oxon Hills to diagnose it. There are various spinal cord stimulation oxon hill centers where you can get the best solution.
What are the Causes of Hip Pain?
Hip pain is common for older people. As per your age and lifestyle, the intensity might differ, but generally, older people face this problem of hip pain. Some of the important causes of hip pain are:
- Herniated Disc
- Problems with lumbar spines and pinched nerves.
- Injury to tendons, muscles and ligaments.
- Osteonecrosis is when the blood supply to the hip is cut off.
5 Bad Habits to Break in Hip Pain
- Wearing uncomfortable footwear: Footwear supports your hip and back spine. If you wear broken boots, heels, and suit shoes, it provides less cushioning to your hip, and instead, it sends shockwaves with each step. So, you should avoid this habit and adapt to comfortable footwear.
- Lifting heavy weights: You should try to avoid lifting heavy weights as much as possible. If your work involves lifting weights, you should take small lots and avoid putting pressure on your back spine.
- Sitting Position: If you have a sedentary lifestyle and you are not active, you might have a lounge sitting position. If you have started feeling the symptoms of pain, you should first check your sitting position and analyze if your posture is incorrect; it can stress your hip. Apart from your posture, you must also use proper chairs to cushion your hip.
- Eating food that causes inflammation: Hip pain can be caused by inflammation, which results from the food you consume. So, to alleviate the problem of hip pain, you should avoid eating food that causes inflammation, for instance, trans fat food, processed food, saturated oil items, excess sugar and alcohol.
- Sleeping on one side for a long period: People might have a habit of sleeping on one side and unknowingly increase the chances of hip pain. It is because it makes your hip weak and vulnerable due to lack of movement. So, if you are among those people, try changing your sides.